The Osman Family

February 2012

Monday, February 4, 2008

Time and Money!

I have been having two recurring thoughts lately, time and money.  Since I had Shirley, I find myself with not enough time.  There aren't enough hours in the day to get done all that I need and want to do.  My laundry is piled up (they are clean just not folded) my desk is very unorganized, my dresser has clothes piled so high I can barely see in the mirror, the boys bathroom needed to be cleaned days ago (I swear they must aim everywhere other than the toilet)...the list could go on.  I am very diligent at running the dishwasher every night, otherwise I would get so far behind on dishes as well.  I am very lucky to have my husbands help around the house or I probably would go crazy.  I know it will get easier as Shirley gets older but for now I will have to accept the fact that I am not Super Mom.


The second has been about money.  I can proudly say we have no debt and have money invested and in savings.  What frustrates me is that I need surgery to fix a receding gum line on one of my bottom teeth and it is going to cost $1,600 to fix it.  That is just ridiculous.  That is just my portion, my insurance pays for the rest of the cost.  I can think of so many other ways that I would rather spend $1600.  Unfortunately, the tooth that is exposed really hurts, so not having the surgery is not an option.

On a more positive note, even with not enough hours in the day, I have lots of fun with my kids and still have time to myself after they are in bed (OK- sometimes I do stay up later than I should).  My kids sleep well through the night.  Even Shirley sleeps well between his nighttime feedings.  Plus I have a really comfortable bed and sleep great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne,
Thanks for sharing your pictures and your life with me! The kids look like they are doing great!
I definately understand your laundry situation - it seems like every time a new baby of mine gets to that stage (about 2 months), I hit a laundry crisis! I start to panic that it is because of the new family member and worry that I will never get on top of it, but I think it is just a stage - you know how there is spit-up on everything including your clothes? It definately gets better! We are expecting #5 in August, so maybe you could remind me of this fact next Fall. Take care!
Amy in Oregon
I love your positive attitude about motherhood and life!