The Osman Family

February 2012

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I've Been Tagged!


I have been tagged.  I am not exactly sure what all that entails, but I know I am supposed to tell seven things about myself that people may not know and then tag 7 people.  So here are six things about me that some of you may not know:


1.  I have a twin sister.  She is also married to a military man.  She is four minutes younger than I am.  We look identical (at least we did growing up) but we are actually fraternal.  We were great friends growing up.  I have always felt blessed to have her as my twin.  She has three kids and her husband is currently stationed in Iraq.

2.  I love playing sports.  Of course, I don't play much now, but I loved playing in school.  My favorite was basketball.

3.  I did Drill Team and Colorguard in high school.  I love dancing.  I took ballet and other dance classes in college.  I loved church dances and danced most if not all of the slow dances.  Of course I had to ask the guys since very few guys ever asked girls to dance.

4.  I took three years of Japanese in high school and one year in college.  I also went to Japan as an exchange student for six weeks, the summer before my senior year of high school.  I spent a week in Tokyo and five weeks in a small town outside of Sapporo, in Hokkaido (the northern island of Japan).  We would love to get stationed in Japan.

5.  I was one of 11 Valedictorians for my graduating class.  I had a 4.0 GPA.  I loved school.  I took AP and Honors classes and even a few college classes at the local community college my senior year.

6. I absolutely love to read.  It is so easy to get caught up in a book, so I try not to read all of the time.  I have four kids to take care of and have to exercise some self contol.  Here are some of my favorite books and authors:
 *The Anne of Green Gable books
*Ella Enchanted
*The False Betrothal
*The Harry Potter Books
* Author Janette Oke- she is a Christian author and I have really enjoyed her books,       epecially her Love Comes Softly series and women of the west books.

7. My major in College was Marriage and Family Therapy.  I attended Brigham Young University.  I loved going there.  I especially loved the religion classes.  I only attended three years before we got stationed in germany so I still have a year to complete to get my Bachelors degree.  Someday I will finish.

I hope you enjoyed learning more about me.  The picture at the top is of my sister and me with our cousin when we were little.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I never knew you gals were twins! I knew you looked a lot alike. In that picture you totally look like Rilla! That is so cool.
I don't think I knew any of that stuff about you. Thanks so much for posting it! It's amazing the lives people have had, and we don't even realize it. Hope that anxiety leaves you alone soon. It's no fun. Let me know if you need anything!