The Osman Family

February 2012

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Shirley!


I ended up taking Shirley to the health clinic today because he started coughing and wheezing yesterday.  I was pretty sure it was bronchiolitis because Jem had it a few times as a baby and it sounded the same from what I remember.  The doctor discovered, by a lab test, that he has RSV which has caused the bronchiolitis.  RSV is a respiratory virus.  He is now on a nebulizer that I administer to him twice a day.  I sure do hate to see him cough and wheeze.  He is such a sweet baby.  I hope the nebulizer helps quickly to relieve his coughing and wheezing symptoms.  He was weighed at the clinic.  He is now 13 lbs 14 oz.  He is so cute.  I am so glad that he doesn't have acid reflux like Rilla had because I love chubby babies.   I couldn't ask for a more sweet, easygoing baby.   I feel so blessed to have all four of my children.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I hope he's okay! I totally know what you mean, Adam has been congested for over a month now. The doctor thinks it's allergies, but I'm not so sure. I hope he gets over it soon. But Shirley sure is growing, and I have to agree with you that he is so cute! I love babies.