The Osman Family

February 2012

Saturday, February 2, 2008

President Hinckley and Birthday Party!


President Gordon B. Hinckley's funeral was today.  He passed away Sunday night at the age of almost 97.  I watched the funeral service on television.  It is sad for me to think of him gone because he has been the prophet for almost all of my years since I was baptized.  He did so much good in our world and was such an inspiration.  He was a very humble man.  He encouraged everyone to be better.  It is so exciting to think of him being reunited with his beloved wife who passed away four years ago.
This afternoon we had Jem's fourth birthday party.  It was a lot of fun.  We ended up having cake and ice cream first since Jem wouldn't leave the table, where he was guarding his cake and his seat.  It was the cutest thing.  Once cake and icecream were over he went and played with his friends.  It is so fun watching my children grow up..

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I love the slideshow! Everything looks really good. Thanks for having the kids over for the party, they loved it! And thanks again for the tacos.

I agree about President Hinckley. I'm glad we got to have him as long as we did. How blessed we have been!

(by the way, Anne, check my blog because you've been tagged!)