The Osman Family

February 2012

Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Year's Resolutions!

Every year I am sure everyone makes New Year's resolutions.  I had three this year. The first is to study scriptures every day.  I used to be very good at this until I had kids.  Then I would be diligent for awhile and then not so good for a while.  The second is to exercise Monday through Saturday, doing aerobics at least three times a week.  The third is to  write in a journal more often.  To help myself do these I printed three yearly calendars (each fit on one page) and put them up on my wall in my kitchen so I can look at them daily.  When I accomplish the task for that day I highlight it on the calendar.  This helps me because if I miss a day, I will notice it for the rest of the year.  That day will not be highlighted.  I am doing really well at studying scriptures.  I have only missed 5 days.  My journal writing has greatly improved due  to starting this Blog.  I have journals for each of my children and if I write in them that counts, too.   In regards to working out, I didn't do much until the end of January, but now I work out every day except Sunday.  My friend, Teah, and I get together (she lives four houses down) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and work out to exercise to workout videos.  The other days I sometimes do workouts to videos or just do exercises on my own.  I am enjoying doing all three and they are really helping me out spiritually, physically, and mentally.

No comments: