The Osman Family

February 2012

Monday, February 18, 2008

More Snow and Sunshine!






  Can you believe it?  we had 70 degree weather the first half of last week and on Friday we got snow again.  It snowed more Friday night.  We ended up driving in it when we took Shirley to the hospital.  At a little before 1 AM he started coughing really bad.  It was pretty scary.  After an hour of the coughing not getting any better we took him in.  He was given Albuterol and a long lasting liquid steroid at the ER and we brought him home.  He didn't get better right away, but after a few hours he stopped coughing and wheezing almost completely.  The whole day Saturday and most of the night he hardly coughed at all. I was relieved.  Plus I was able to get caught up on missed sleep.  Since Sunday morning, he does occasionally have some coughing spells and a little wheezing, but thankfully he is doing so much better.  I am so glad.  I think Rilla has RSV as well.  She has had a runny nose for a few days and is now starting to cough. Hopefully she will not get as bad as Shirley did since she is older.

The weather started warming up again on Saturday and today it was in the upper 60's.  Crazy weather.  I do wish it would make up its mind.  The drastic changes are playing havoc on my allergies/sinuses.
Today was fun.  I always enjoy holidays because Gil doesn't have to work.  The kids love it when he is home all day.  He sure is a great dad.  My three oldest love when he chases them. Today we went to Wal Mart and got a few things,  I got wall appliques to decorate the kids' rooms.  My boys picked Transformers and I got Disney Princesses for Rilla's room.  They match her princess bedding.  Gil bought Rockets for him and the boys to make and then set off.  Jem is so excited.  After Wal Mart we went to KFC for lunch.  They have a buffet there that we all like. It was fun to eat out, as we don't do it all that often.  The rest of the day was a fun and lazy day.
      
      I forgot to write about our trip to the Tucson Zoo and Chuck E Cheese Saturday the 9th.  It was such a beautiful day.  The Tucson Zoo is a fairly small zoo, but we really enjoyed it.  It had lots of trees and foliage so it helped keep us cool since it was pretty warm.  Rilla really enjoyed getting to run around.  It was the first outing we have been on since she started walking really well.  Afterwards we went to Chuck E Cheese.  Jem got a gift certificate for his birthday.  The $20 on it lasted way too long.  We, Gil and I, started using the tokens in certain quick games just to get tickets so we wouldn't be there all night.  As Walter put it, the Zoo and Chuck E Cheese were "Awesome!"

1 comment:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I hope your kids are doing better. RSV is a scary thing.

I kinda think it's hilarious we got the same Austen heroine!!