The Osman Family

February 2012

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Swimming

Last Friday we took the kids swimming.  We love The Cove.  Especially during kid swim (Mon-Friday 10:00-12:00). We haven't gone swimming since last summer, when my sister visited.  Taking three kids by myself was not something I wanted to do, and now I have four.  So we wait until Mike has some time off and then go. The boys were so excited.  They love swimming.  I didn't take Shirley swimming because I was sure he wouldn't enjoy it and the water would dry out his skin even more than it is.  I wasn't sure how Rilla would like it.  She was 8 months old the last time she swam, but she loves taking baths.  She didn't like it at first.  She was scared of the water.  It took over an hour before she seemed to finally like it.  She has to have an adult right by her at all times also becasue if she falls in the water she doesn't do anything to get herself out of the water, which is quite scary.  She just lays or sits there with her head under the water like she is frozen.  She did that three times while we were there.  My favorite place to swim with the kids is in the hot tub.  It is plenty big and nice and warm.













1 comment:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I miss the Cove! I actually felt brave enough to take all three kids swimming there by myself. No dice on a pool like that here. BUMMER.