The Osman Family

February 2012

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Colossal Caves

I haven't written since Tuesday because I decided to rearrange my house (living room, play room, and dining room). It was quite a bit of work but I am very happy with the results.  I will show pictures once I have it completely organized.


On Friday we went to the Colossal Caves located just outside of Tucson.  It was a lot of fun.  It was a beautiful day to get out.  Rilla loves being outside.  This is what Rilla thought of being outside.


The boys have always loved going sightseeing.  They love the outdoors just like their Dad.  Gilbert loves learning about the desert wildlife, plants and animals both.  He has bought many books about the plants and animals here and can point out what most plants and animals are.  It is pretty neat and the  boys really enjoy it.

The cave tour was pretty neat but I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't had Rilla or Shirley. It is a little scary with some sheer drop offs right next to the path. There are hand rails but little kids can walk right under them. Jem was really scared at first. The stairs are pretty steep in some places. Aside from that fact, I really thought the cave was really neat. There were some awesome formations.


Rilla didn't like having to be held the whole time while in the caves. This is what she thought of being inside them.
Walter really enjoyed the caves.  He was happy when we were almost done though since it is about a 45 minute tour.

Finally, this is what Shirley thought of the whole experience.


No comments: