The Osman Family

February 2012

Friday, October 31, 2008

Shirley and Jem!

I have been meaning to post this post for several days now.  Shirley turned 11 months old on Wednesday.  He is finally starting to eat.  He won't eat baby food that I try and feed him.  he likes to feed himself.  He is eating Kix, Rice Chex, Little Einstein Stars, and rice cakes.  He will drink a little bit of juice out of a cup as well.  He also crawls now.  He started crawling about a week after he turned 10 months.  He crawls on his right knee and left foot.  It is very cute.  I have never seen a baby crawl like he does.  He loves to twirl things in his fingers.  It is fun to watch him.

Jem is very imaginative and energetic.  Gil has been home on bed rest and on some days would watch a show about houses being haunted on the Discovery channel.  Most 4 year olds would not want to watch a show about ghosts, but Jem loved it.  Loved it a little too much.  He started asking to watch it every day.  Some of the episodes are scarier than others and I don't think it is something he should be wanting to watch.  Of course, I hate scary movies and shows.  He definately takes more after his dad.  Last Tuesday he came with me to pick up Walter from school.  He got into the car through the driver door and climbed back into his seat.  When I went to get into the driver seat the door was locked.  I had my key so I just automatically unlocked the door and climbed in.  That was when Jem said, "I didn't lock your door Mommy, Evil did it."  It was so funny I wanted to laugh. He of course learned the word evil from the show.  I don't think he really knows what it means.  That was what made it so funny.  Anyways, no more ghost show for him.

3 comments:

Teah said...

I still laugh everytime I read or "Evil did it." So cute. He has the best imagination!

Teah said...

it was suppose to say read or hear... oops

Unknown said...

MY littlest crawled just like that! I thought it was the funniest thing ever. We have a couple videos of it.

Mine had a back problem, so we would hold him upside down and take him to a chiropractor, its corrected now. He started walking and crawling normal right after we started hanging him upside down.
It striaghtens the spine.
We think that's why he crawled the way he did. Though I'm not sure, he seems to be a lot more clumsy then my first.

It's the cutest thing though!