The Osman Family

February 2012

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pink Eye!

No, my kids don't have it, but I do in both eyes.  Hopefully my kids won't get it.  I am going to sanitize everything I have touched today when I am done posting this.  In addition to my eyes, I have thrush from nursing.  I haven't been able to eat yogurt since finding out that Shirley is allergic to dairy and eating yogurt everyday keeps me from getting thrush and plugged milk ducts.  Luckily I can still take Lecithin, which also helps me from not getting plugged ducts, but apparently doesn't help me not get thrush.  I am using vinegar in water for me and baking soda in water for Shirley's mouth (home remedies) and hopefully it will get rid of it.  Aside from these two things everything else is great.  Gil went to the doctor on post and found out he only has to be on bed rest for 30 days (he is so excited) and that he can stay in the military as long as he responds to treatment, which he is.  He really likes being in the military and would hate to hev to get out.  Plus, know we will get to go visit my sister for Thanksgiving since Mike will no longer be on bed rest during that time.  Yeah!  This is a picture of Gil dressing up and being goofy one night last week when he was fed up with being on bed rest.  It was hilarious.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

You must be miserable! I'm sure that is a pain to have to deal with. =(
I'm VERY glad to hear that things are going well for Gil. I guess you guys will be close to the Howe's again soon.
AND, I have to say that I have a new appreciation for the blessing you have been to Teah the past year. I would LOVE to have someone like you a couple of doors down to keep me company during Jared's deployment. So now I'm extra glad that you two have been able to hang out so much.

Teah said...

Love th pic of Gil!! I'm really glad you guys get to stay in the military. I know how much you like it. Well, see you tomorrow.