The Osman Family

February 2012

Monday, October 13, 2008

Bed Rest!

Last Thursday Gil had a colonoscopy and the doctor discovered he has Colitis (inflamation of his Colon). He is now on Bed rest for 8 weeks. Yes, 2 months. He does not like it at all. He hates that he can't do PT. I wanted to laugh when the nurse told me because I knew how much Gil would hate being on bed rest. The first couple of days I had to keep telling him to go lay down. He is doing better about it now. I let him sit at the computer as long as his legs are propped up on a chair. We will enjoy having him home these next two months. I will especially enjoy not having to wake up Rilla or Shirley from naps when I go pick up Walter from school. I am very Grateful for being in the military. Gil's surgery or medicine won't cost us anything. The medicine he is on for the next 8 weeks would have cost us over $1700 dollars if we didn't have insurance. Plus he gets paid while he is on convalesent leave. How many jobs do that?

No comments: