The Osman Family

February 2012

Monday, October 20, 2008

Rilla Turns 2!






















Rilla turned two last tuesday, October 14th. I didn't have a party for her like I originally planned because with Gil on bed rest I didn't want to have to do all the work that would have been required. We still had dinner, cake and presents. My friend Teah and her girls came. They are over all the time. We invite them over for dinner atleast two times a week, sometimes almost every day of the week. Her husband is deployed and it is so nice for all of the kids to get to play and spend time together. We did a BBQ for dinner. I made a Barbie cake. I love making Barbie cakes and was excited to make one for Rilla. She loves Barbies. Then we had cake and ice cream. I made a dairy and gluten free chocolate cake for me. It is pretty good, especially with chocolate chips in it. It was very hard, however, to make Rilla's chocolate cake and not be able to eat the cake I trimmed off. For her presents we bought her dolls for her doll house (Daddy/Daughter and Grandma/Grandson) and I bought a Cinderella dressup outfit and shoes and 2 books at yardsales for her. From Teah, Rilla got a Giselle Barbie doll and a dress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm so glad that you have a blog spot! I didn't know you had one. I just started blogging about 2 months ago and I enjoy it very much. I dont know how to look for people though, so I need to figure that out.

Your family is so beautiful and your children are getting so big! And I'm happy to hear that you enjoy being an army wife, that is so awesome. I dont know how I would do in that situation, I'm sure it is something that is really hard at first, but gets easier as the years go by.

Derick is turning 1 this friday but we are going to celebrate it on thursday because Turrel is going Elk hunting with grandpa smith and Dewayne. Derick will have many years to look forward too considering his birthday falls on one of the biggest hunting trips of the season! When he's old enough I can bet you anything that is what he will want to do with his daddy!

And I agree with you, we do need to keep in touch and get to know each other, this may be a good way of getting to know each other too, by blogging! Its too bad that we live so far apart though. Well thank you for your lovly comment and I hope that we stay in touch more! Send me an email every now and then! lsmith7282@yahoo.com

Love your 1/2 Sister-in-law!
Laura

Teah said...

Hey! Love the b-day pics. And I love our everyday get together's:) It's so nice to have your family just a couple of houses down. I probably wouldn't be able to make it without you guys. It's also nice that our kids have each other.