The Osman Family

February 2012

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tantrums!

I love being a Mom.  I really do.  It is so much fun watching my children grow.  I can even get a good laugh over a tantrum.  Rilla had a huge one today over something silly.  She is still getting over being sick so she has had a lot of tantrum this past week.  When it gets really bad I know she is very tired and needs a nap (she sleeps a lot when she is sick).  Today she threw the major tantrum when we went to get our mail from the mail box.  I had to carry her home (about a block and a half) kicking and screaming.  As soon as I laid her in her crib she stopped crying and and calmed right down and went to sleep.  I love that she likes her crib (with her 3 blankets and pacifier and a small stuffed animal or two) and settles right down for her naps and bedtime.  It is a comforting place for her.  Even when she wakes up, she usually just lays there for a while before she decides she wants to get up.  All of my kids sleep really well and I am very grateful for that.

3 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

You gotta love when you know exactly what they need - and it's sleep. The only other cause for my kids is food. That's not to say they don't lose it for other reasons, but they don't REALLY lose it unless there is a lack of sleep or food at the heart of it.
Cute kids. I love sleepers!

Marrian said...

I know how that is, having to carry one kicking and screaming child while carrying a baby. Only I ususally do it up three very long flights of stairs and mine is three years old :). Gotta love these ages!
I sure love your updates!

Marrian said...

Me again ;). I just wanted to answer your question from my blog. I got the camera at Toys R US. They actually have that store here in Germany. It cost over $50.00. But I can't remember how much exactly. It was expensive, but worth it. It is a Fisher Price one. I bought Jakob a different one for Christmas but it didn't work so well. This one is the best! It's big and is just like a digital camera where they can look through the hole to take a pic or look at the screen. they can erase and look at all the pics they take.