The Osman Family

February 2012

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Rilla!

Rilla turned 18 months old on Monday.  What a sweet little girl.  I am so happy to be her Mom.  I love the Toddler age as well.  She is pretty good about listening (not nearly as many tantrums as Jem had and she listens better).  She says, "Up" now.  She has other words that she says, but this is the first one she pronounces the ending letter.  My two older boys never got attached to blankets, but she has.  Luckily there are three that are the same (two yellow and one white) so I can wash one if it gets dirty, etc.  They are afgans my Grandmother made for Jem, Rilla, and Shirley (She hadn't started making them when I had Walter).  Rilla, of course has laid claim to all three, so the boys can't use them.  She only weighs 21 pounds and Shirley already weighs 17 1/2 pounds.  He is closing in on her.  She is in the 5th percentile for her weight (but 60th percentile for her height) while he is in the 95th percentile for his weight (and 90th percentile for his height).  I was very surprised when I first saw her after she was born.  I was expecting a bald baby and she came out with a full head of very dark blonde hair (it even looked brown).


What fun it is to look back at pictures of her when she was a baby. Her hair gradually lightened up. She eventually did lose most of her original hair she was born with but she has plenty of it now. If I don't put her hair up, it is in her face (plus she gets static cling really easy). Sometimes she doesn't want me to do her hair (like today) so it is getting harder to do.

1 comment:

Marrian said...

What a cutie! I can't imagine you not having such a cute little girl to compliment your boys ;)