The Osman Family

February 2012

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sentences!


My favorite discipline when my kids get older is writing sentences. I like that they have to think about what they are writing. My boys haven't been putting the toilet seat up when they pee and It is really annoying to sit on a wet toilet seat. Rilla was constantly having to wipe off the toilet seat before she could sit on it. Finally, after several times telling them to lift the seat up I came up with the consequence of writing sentences. Their first offense was 20 sentences. Their second time was 30. I told them I would add 10 sentences each time they "forgot". They only had to write sentences twice and have been putting up the toilet seat.

About 6 months ago I was having trouble with Walter lying. He kept doing it so I finally made up 2 weeks of sentences for him. He had to write 100 sentences a day and each day what he wrote was different. I even looked up scriptures about being honest so some days he wrote a partial scripture. I would real him the scripture and talk with him about it. Twice during the end of the two weeks he went to get the papers for writing sentences and found that his sentence for the day was already written 100 times (by me). I told him I wrote then for him because I love him and that is what Jesus did for us when he atoned for our sins. He payed the price so we can return to live with Heavenly Father again. It worked great and he stopped lying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Boys!

I'm glad you have learned such an important lesson, of listening to mommy. She loves you so very much. Thanks for being a wonderful example for your younger brother and sister.