The Osman Family

February 2012

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas!

We had a very nice Christmas this year. Two days before Christmas we had friends over to make sugar cookies. The kids had lots of fun cutting out different shapes. Especially Shirley. This was the first year I let him since he is allergic to wheat. He loved playing in the flower a little too much and I finally had to stop him and tell him no more since he started scratching his wrists and around his mouth where he kept touching his floured hands.














































Then some of the kids painted the cookies with colored egg yolk and sprinkled with sprinkles before the cookies were cooked. They turned out really cute. I meant to take pictures but I forgot. We made other cookies and treats and delivered them Christmas Eve day to our friends. Christmas was nice and quiet. The kids slept in till 7PM (yeah) and then we opened up our presents. My favorite were the blankets my Grandma made for the kids. She always makes them presents and I love that. The kids get to open up their Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve.




I bought this Barbie carriage with 6 ballerina barbies and horse for Rilla at a yard sale for three dollars a few months ago at a yard sale. She loved it. We even had a white Christmas. It wasn't a lot of snow, but it was still white.

































































The kids had lots of fun playing with their new toys. It was also nice spending the day together. Here are a few more pictures from Christmas Day.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What awesome gifts! I'm glad you had so much fun on Christmas. I can't wait to play with you and your new toys!

Amy said...

That looks like fun! I love the blankets they got. Great idea for jammies on Christmas eve I may have to steal that from you. I think I may also steal the sentences consequence when the girls get older lol.