The Osman Family

February 2012

Friday, December 24, 2010

In Memory!

I haven't posted about this yet because it has been a very hard for me, emotionally. In September My friend's husband was killed in Afghanistan. He had only been deployed there for two weeks when his HUMV was hit. He and the driver were killed instantly. My husband has been in the army almost 10 years and been deployed three times, but no one that I knew personally has died, let alone one of my friend's husband. I cried a lot for the first couple of weeks. I could easily imagine how my friend, Janelle, must be feeling. What it would be like to have my husband killed. She has four children, too, ages 18 months to 7 years old. Janelle has been so strong through it all and has such strong faith. I really enjoyed getting to know her better and becoming better friends. We got together quite often after and I am sad that she just moved back to Texas to be close to family (which I completely understand as I would do the same). I will miss her. I wanted to do something to help out that would make it a little easier on her kids so I made them Daddy pillowcases and blankets. They really liked them and it made me feel so good to give them to them.




3 comments:

Marrian said...

This post made me cry!! I can't believe so many from Ft. Campbell have been killed this deployment. I hope she gets through this. I can't imagine what it must be like for your friend. I hope that I never have to go through that. As I hope none of my friends ever have to go through that!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful friend kid, and a comforting shoulder to lean on. You have brought peace and comfort to so many. Thanks for your example!

Amy said...

wow, how hard. That is so sad and I bet your gift to them was just perfect. You are awesome and I hope we can hang out when I get back :-)