The Osman Family

February 2012

Sunday, March 1, 2009

50's Sock Hop!

Last night we had a 50's Sock Hop at church.  It was so much fun.  We dressed up and had a great time.  Walter and Jem loved it.  They loved dancing to the music. They were so cute in their jeans and white T-shirts.  Rilla liked it, too, but got pretty tired.  Shirley would have loved it if I would have let him play with the balloons, which I wouldn't.  I am paranoid about balloons because if they pop and a piece of the balloon goes into a person's throat they would suffocate.  Shirley is at the age where he gets very frustrated if he wants something and I won't let him have it.  It didn't help that kids would run by with their balloons and Shirley would see the balloon and almost be able to grab it and have it speed away.   His hopes were dashed time and time again.  I ended up having to hold him most of the night.  I also missed Gil.  It would have been so much fun to dance with him.  I love 50's music.  

2 comments:

Amy said...

ahh your pics turned out great! I agree, 50's music is great!

Unknown said...

I love poodle skirts and 50's music! Infact- I was wearing a poodle skirt when I met Nathan. :)