The Osman Family

February 2012

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Patch testing!

This week Shirley had patch testing done to see if he has more food allergies.  It was a three day process.  The results of this test will be compared to the results of scratch testing that he will have done in a week and a half.  He had 16 patches (one being a placebo) placed on his back on Tuesday.  They were taken off on Thursday and the results were read yesterday.  Here are the results.  They are scored 0-3.  0 is no reaction and 3 is highest reaction.  Here are the items that were scored 0, or no reaction:


Barley
Potato
Beef
Ham
Turkey
Carrot
Peaches
Apple

The following scored a 1:

Rice
Peas

The following scored a 2:

Egg
Corn
Oat
Chicken
Green beans

None scored a 3.  Now, according to the allergist we can't say he is allergic to those he had a reaction to yet or say he is not allergic to those that had no reaction.  She will compare the results with those of the scratch test we will be doing on the 18th.  I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Amy said...

that stinks that you have to wait some more. I guess there is always need for thurough (can't spell that) testing.

Anonymous said...

question:

Derick's scratch test confirmed he was allergic to Eggs and scored a 7, does that mean he is very allergic or not so allergic.

I didn't even think to ask his doctor because I figured he must be highly allergic to it.

Would you by chance know? Since you've been going through this with your little guy too.

Anyway, email me at lsmith7282@yahoo.com if you know.

Thanks!

Anjeanette said...

Hi! I was looking up some EE info and found your blog. My three year old and I both have EE. We went through all the patch and skin tests this summer with my son.

Just thought I'd leave a note since the EE world is small;)