The Osman Family

February 2012

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Running Club!

At Walter's school they have a running club.  all the kids walk or run around the track during Friday lunch recess and parents are welcome to come and join them.  I got to go by myself yesterday.  Walter likes to run and does 23-27 laps every week(12 laps equals 1 mile).  I must say Walter is very fast.  I had a hard time keeping up with him.  Of course, I haven't run in a long time either.  I managed to keep up with him for 6 laps before I had to walk a lap.  He ended up running 23 laps and I did 22.  I didn't run them all.  I am still pretty sore today, though.


Gil's last day of bed rest was yesterday.  He only ended up having to do 30 days bed rest and he is so glad it is over.  He is out with the boys taking a ride up Garden Canyon.  I am very happy that he is off bed rest.  He did great at not getting grumpy and frustrating.  I am very proud of him for that.  I know it was hard for him to be stuck in the house, not being able to work, and especially not being able to exercise.  He is bummed about Monday and Tuesday being a holiday and not getting to work until Wednesday.  At least he isn't stuck to the house anymore.

No comments: