The Osman Family

February 2012

Thursday, July 31, 2008

8 Months Old!

Shirley was 8 months old on Tuesday. What a sweet little boy he is. He still has no desire to eat baby food. He is starting to put some baby toys in his mouth and chew on them. His first tooth came in a few weeks ago and his second is about to break through. His eczema is worse and his alergies have been aweful this last week. I am going to try and get him an appointment soon with the doctor soon to see what can be done. He scratches a lot so I have to put socks on his hands. Last night his allergies were so bad hat he kept sneezing and rubbing his eyes and I constantly had to wipe his nose. My first attempt to give him benadryl failed as he threw it all up when I tried giving it to him (he hates taking medicine and got himself all worked up). I finally managed to give him some and was so glad when he was better. Poor little guy. He aslo doesn't nurse well when his eczema really bothers him and that is hard on me. He refuses to take a bottle as well otherwise I would just pump and feed him a bottle. When his eczema or allergies aren't bothering him too bad he is such a happy boy. He loves his jumper and walker. when he is in his walker he follows his brothers and sister around. It is so cute. He can almost sit on his own without any support and moves around on the ground by pushing himself around (while on his back) by pushing with his feet. I don't know if he is going to crawl or not. Time will tell. I am so very grateful to have him as my son and I am really enjoying watching him grow and learn new things.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Sorry about the baby being sick...no fun! =( It sounds like you all had a great time on vacation, I'm glad you got to go. It's great to go, and it's great to get home. I love your layout, and the 4th of July pics. I'm glad we have internet now so I can keep up better!