The Osman Family

February 2012

Monday, July 14, 2008

Spokane, Washington!

We had so much fun in Spokane.  Spokane is where I lived most of my childhood.  I graduated high school there so I call it my hometown.  We stayed with Gilbert's Dad and Step Mom, Michael and Theresa.  It was so good to see them.  The last time we saw them was when we were in Spokane 2 1/2 years ago for Gil's sister's funeral.  I lived with them for 5 months when Gil was at AIT (training he took after basic training).  I had Walter during that time.  It sure was nice being with family for my first child.  It was nice for them to get to meet Rilla and Shirley.  The boys loved it there.  We got to see lots of family while there, too.  I love getting together with family.

Mike's parents had a Birthday BBQ for Gil's Grandpa.  It was so much fun getting together with family and eating such good food.  Theresa is such a good cook.  We had another BBQ on the 4th of July at Gil's Great Uncle's house (it was his birthday also).  Again, so much fun spending time with family and really good food.  The kids had a blast.  Luckily, that day wasn't quite so hot.  For fireworks, we went to Riverfront Park and watched.  They were pretty good.  The kids really enjoyed them.

I also got to do a lot of shopping.  I had fun but got tired of it after a while.  It is so hard to find clothing I like that isn't too low cut, has longer sleeves (not the cap sleeves) and doesn't have awful patterns, plus isn't really short (I like longer shirts).  I am very happy with what I bought.  I of course had to take Shirley with me since he refuses to take a bottle.  It would have been much easier without him.

We took the boys to see Wall-E.  We left Rilla with Grandma and Grandpa.  The boys really liked it.  Gil and I even got to go out on our own and get ice cream one night.  The kids were 
great the whole time.  We were complimented many times on how well behaved our children were and it is a good feeling.  I love being a mom and it is very important for me to be a good one.

No comments: