The Osman Family

February 2012

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Home!

We got home from vacation last night. It was a wonderful three weeks and I was sad to leave and say goodbye. I have many posts to write and pictures to add but it may take me some time. I was so busy during vacation that I had so little time to do it. Besides, staying up late playing games is much more fun than writing blogs. It is good to be home. Our flight home was not as enjoyable as our flight going to Washington. Both airplanes were small and we were not all able to sit together. Shirley threw up on me the first flight (something he never does) so I smelled terrible the whole rest of the trip (I did consider packing an extra shirt for me in our carry on, but as Owen never throws up I didn't). Once we got to Tucson, at about 7 pm, I waited with the kids at the entrance to the airport while Gilbert went to get our car and come pick us and our large quantity of luggage. Unfortunately, the battery on our Jeep was dead. We left the DVD's in the headrests of our seats plugged in (to the plug in that gets its power from the battery). Getting it jump started didn't work so Gil had to take a taxi to get a new battery and then find tools to take the dead battery out and install the new one. I, meanwhile, had to entertain kids for 3 1/2 hours. Rilla likes to run around which isn't the best or safest in a public place, but she of course was tired of being restrained all day. We had too much luggage for us to move around or change locations. lets just say it was a long three and a half hours. I finally made a semi circle barrier out of the luggage around us and the seats we were in so I could let Rilla out of the stroller. We played with cars, sang songs, anything I could think of to pacify them (mainly the younger ones, the older two did pretty well) just a little longer. They all finally fell asleep about a half hour before Gil was done (but not before a huge crying fit on the dirty floor from Rilla). They were all tired and that made it even harder. I even ran out of diapers and wipes and had to use two of Jem's way too big pull-ups (he wears them at night) on Rilla and Shirley. The last half hour wasn't bad since I was able to read my book. We finally made it home at 12:45 am and were exhausted. We left the kids in their clothes (which was hard for me since they got so dirty playing on the floor at the airport), got our luggage in and finally crashed. Poor Gil had to get up early for PT this morning. (this picture is of the kids at the airport in Denver during our layover on our trip to Washington-I didn't take any yesterday)

3 comments:

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Hi Anne...I don't know if you remember me. I met you in Germany through Todd and Christina. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you I love that you use Anne of Green Gables names. I must have read all 8 books at least 4 or 5 times before I went to college!

Oh! And do you remember Doris Harrington? She's in my ward now. She came from Darmstadt last year right after we moved from Baumholder. Looks like your family is happy and growing!!

Anna Allred

Anne Osman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Oh man. I know the pain. By the way - I got my tire repaired and then the next day it was flat again. It's still flat. I'm just driving T's truck around. I'm DONE changing tires. I'm hoping a magic fairy comes and changes it for me.