The Osman Family

February 2012

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Strep Throat!

It has been a while since I wrote because I was sick last week.  Wednesday morning I woke up with a sore throat.  I took tylenol and that helped it not hurt so much.  By Wednesday night it hurt a lot more and by Thursday morning I was miserable.  I alternated tylenol and IB Profen, but it didn't seem to even help at all.  It hurt so bad to swallow.  My body ached as well and I was so tired.  I went into the health clinic Friday morning to get a Strep test done and it was positive.  I was so happy it was positive (and that it wasn't something viral) because I then knew once I took antibiotics for a while I would feel better.  Relief was in sight.  The doctor told me I should feel better in about 24 hours.  Unfortunately my throat didn't feel better for 30 hours.  But I was so happy when I could finally swallow without it hurting so much.  This is only my 2nd time having Strep and I hope it is my last.  I think I would rather be sick with anything else.


I was really lucky that my husband was so awesome and took care of the kids for almost 4 whole days (he had to work part of Wednesday and part of Thursday).  He did everything (except of course nursing Shirley- he just brought him to me when he was hungry).  I was able to sleep anytime (or at least try to with my throat hurting so bad).  He even took care of me and gave me a massage and stuff like that.  I was very grateful.  It really made being sick easier.

No comments: