The Osman Family

February 2012

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cub Scout Day Camp!

Back in June Walter had Cub Scout Day Camp and I volenteered to help at it. It was Monday through Friday from 8am -2pm. Jem was able to do camp, too since he is old enough (although in our church they don't start until age 8). They had child care for younger kids of volenteers so Rilla and Shirley got to come each day. I ended up being a Wolf Den leader, with Jem in my Den. Camp was awesome except for the heat. It was so hot and humid (mid 90's with humidity). I enjoyed coming home to air conditioning each day. They were long days, too. We had to be there at 6:45 and didn't get home till after 3pm each day. The kids had a lot of fun. Even Rilla and Shirley. I worried about them and the heat, but they loved being outside each day. They got so dirty, too. Shirley even took a nap on Thursday because he was so tired out. I didn't get a lot of pictures, but here are a few I did take.



BB shooting seemed to be everyone's favorite activity. Walter is a pretty good shot. Friday was Family Day. parents were able to join their scouts for the BBQ and be there all day if they wanted. Gil was in Texas for training all week until Thursday night so he was able to join us on Friday.

No comments: