The Osman Family

February 2012

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wrist fracture!

Shirley broke is wrist two and a half weeks ago. He was playing in the back yard with his brother and sisters and my neighbor girls who come over 3 nights to help out with the kids. No one saw how he broke it. He fell and must have landed on it wrong. He has a buckle wrist fracture. I was pretty sure is was probably broken because he acted similar to the last time he broke his arm. I took him to the ER. When the doctor came in to look at it Shirley didn't act like it hurt when he held and felt his wrist and arm. He did the same thing the last time. An ex-ray was done and it was broken. He know has a cast. He had a temporary cast on for the first day and a half, then had the permanent one put on. I chose orange because he seems to like orange, it is the only color that he gets right all the time. I was grateful for the permanent one since he was able to get the temporary one off. Sometimes he wants the cast off because it gets in the way, but he doesn't act like it bothers him the rest of the time. We go in tomorrow to get this cast off and a new one put on for the final 2 weeks he will be wearing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey little buddy! I didn't see that you had your very own blog! I'm so sorry you broke your arm but mommy is there to take care of you. Stay strong and be good!

Love,

Daddy