The Osman Family

February 2012

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Update on Jem!

I haven't written about Jem lately.  He is doing great.  He seemed to grow up so much in the last few months.  He is doing so much better in preschool.  He doesn't hurry and scribble just to get done quicker so he can go play.  He knows most of his letters and is very good at counting.  He has never been as excited about learning as Walter was.  He also has a lot more energy than Walter and a very good imagination.  He is our entertainer.  He is such a fun boy.  These pictures pretty much sum up his personality:






He is a very good brother. He can get a little too rough some times, but for the most part he is very nice to his siblings. He loves Shirley. He is very protective of him. He teases Rilla sometimes, but the two play really well together most of the time (while Walter is at school). When Walter is home, he and Jem play together. Shirley looks so much like Jem did at his age.



Jem's love language is Physical touch. If you haven't read the Book, "The Five Love Languages of Children" by Chapman, I highly recommend it. It helps me understand Jem so much better and not get so frustrated when he jumps on my back or punches me while running by. I know he is showing me affection and instead of yelling at him I ask him to give me a hug instead. I like this last picture of him. He looks so cute and angelic in it. He really is a good boy and I am grateful to have him as my son. He sure has taught me a lot. Walter has always been easy for me to understand because he is so much like me. Jem is more like his dad. He is very social, just like Gil, too. He loves when we have guests over for dinner. He talks their ear off. Jem really makes our lives more enjoyable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jem, you are the best and I'm so happy that you're in my life. Thanks buddy for all the fun memories we have together!

Daddy:)