The Osman Family

February 2012

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dentist!


I took all 4 of my kids to the dentist yesterday.  It was Rilla's and Shirley's first time.  Luckily, Walter and Jem like going to the dentist.  I hated it growing up, but that was because I had some bad experiences.  Here is what Walter said when we drove into the parking lot, "Oh, I love this place."  We go to General Dentist and they are very good with kids.  They get balloons when they are done and it definately helps.  The promise of a balloon got Rilla to lay in the chair, let them look at her teeth and then clean them.  She wasn't too sure how she felt about being there at first.  I could tell she was a little scared.  It also helped that her two brothers are such good examples.  NO CAVITIES for the older three!  I am very happy about that, but must admit that it must be because they got their Father's genes on that one (he didn't have his first cavity until he was 23 years old).  I must confess I am not the greatest at making sure they brush really well and they hardly floss.  Shirley has one on his front top tooth.  You can see it when he smiles.  He has had the dark spot there since he was 9 or 10 months old and I think it is because he was severely anemic during that time (we found out at his 9 month check up).  He was put on iron supplimments for a few months and I saw an improvement in the color of his teeth growing in (they were a darker pearl color instead of almost transluscent).  They are still unable to get x-rays of Jem's teeth because he has such a high gag reflex.  They even have tv's on the ceilings so they can watch cartoons while lying in the chair.






1 comment:

Amy said...

wow that sounds like an awesome dentist and your kids liking it is even better!