The Osman Family

February 2012

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Warrant Officer basic Course!

Gil left yesterday for Warrant Officer Basic Course. I am so very proud of him. He is such a great father and husband and works hard. I am truly grateful for all he does for us. He is up every mroning between 4:30 and 5:00 AM to go to PT (physical training). On top of that he works out on his own through out the day. He does something like 800 push-ups a day. He works hard and does what needs to be done. I know he will make a great leader. I am excited for him to get all the training he will be getting. He has had a lot of training while in the Army and has earned around 70 or 80 college credits. He loves to learn. I will miss him while he is gone for 5 weeks, but at least the rest of his training (about 4 months) will be here. I am very grateful for that. He has been home from being deployed for over two years now so I am used to having him around and so do the kids. In fact, the last time he was deployed we only had our fist two kids and now we have four. Of course, he had to leave on the one day we had a snow storm. The shuttle picking him up was late and took so long to drive in the weather that he missed his flight and had to wait 5 hours at the airport for another flight. He even called the shuttle the night before to ask if they were taking the forecasted storm into account when they picked him up in the morning at 4:45 AM. They said everything would be fine.

1 comment:

Marrian said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I had no idea he put in a packet for Warrent Officer. That is awesome. Hope he does well at school and hope you do great while he's gone. You have a great support system around you and I hope they are there for you during this time.