The Osman Family

February 2012

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Basketball!

Walter started basketball a couple of weeks ago.  He is in the 7 and 8 year old division.  He loves playing basketball during recess at school so I asked him if he would like to play basketball through the youth services on post.  His team's name is "The Suns" and their uniforms are orange and white.  He has practices Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-6:30.  I take him on Tuesdays and Gil takes him on Thursdays.  I enjoy taking him.  I get some quiet time to read and to be able to watch Walter. Of course when Gil goes to Ft. Rucker for 5 weeks for Warrant Officer basic training, it won't be so much fun taking the other three to practice.  I had to take them all last night because Gil had to work later, and it is difficult keeping them all off the court and on the benches.  Shirley loves balls and so much wants to go get the balls on the court that the kids are playing with.  It is fun to watch 7 and 8 year olds play basketball.  I played basketball as a kid and love it.  I can't wait till they have their first game.  That will be very entertaining to watch.   they must not be too strict about traveling or double dribbling, otherwise I don't see how a game will get very far.  I will find out soon.  Maybe the kids will surprise me.  Who knows? These pictures were taken on the first day of practice which was also a parent's informational meeting. We all went to that.

1 comment:

Marrian said...

Hey, we played basketball today too :). WE took the kids to the gym. They loved it!
I was wondering if you wouln't mind changing my blog name on your side bar. Would you use my first name instead of my last name :). If I wasn't so scatter brained, I would use my last name and fake first names, but I wouldn't be able to remember who was who. :)
Thanks!