The Osman Family

February 2012

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Camping!


Gil had yesterday and today off so we decided to go camping last minute yesterday.  We got everything we needed gathered together in a hurry and headed out.  We camped near Sunnyside Ghost town.  It is in the middle of nowhere.  It took about a 45 minutes to get there and much of the drive was on back roads that were pretty bumpy.  Jem, Rilla, and Shirley loved it.  Walter gets car sick easy like me so he didn't like it too much.  After setting up camp we went and explored the ghost town.  I got bit by at least 25 mosquitos.  Gil got bit zero times.  It was so not fair.  Mosquitos love me.  It is so annoying.  Aside from the mosquitos it was beautiful there.  We saw lots of fuzzy catepillars and flowers.  The kids loved throwing rocks in the stream.  Rilla loved the field of wild flowers.  She would have stayed there longer if we would have let her.  The kids loved the campfire.  We ate MRE's for dinner.  I liked them.  The kids did too.  We have a three room tent.  The kids slept great, I woke up a lot.  I don't like sleeping on the ground.  It is so uncomfortable.  Next time I am bringing an air mattress.  The boys thought it was cool to pee outside.  I prefer to use a toilet.  All in all, it was a very fun family outing.  I love being in nature (of course I prefer it when I can enjoy some modern comforts at the same time).  The picture of Rilla pouting on the ground was her refusing to walk anymore on our way to the ghost town.  She is very good at pouting.

1 comment:

Teah said...

It looks like you guys had lots of fun. I love the pouting pic of Rilla. So Cute!