The Osman Family

February 2012

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Our Family


Welcome to our family's Blog.  I have been wanting to do this for a few months now, but with four kids you can imagine that I am pretty busy.  I used to keep a daily journal before I got married and had kids.  I don't think I will ever get back to writing every day, but having this blog will help. Now, about my family.  First, I decided to use nicknames for all of us.  Not only does it give me a sense of security but it is fun as well.  I have loved the Anne of Green Gable series since I was a little girl, so I have decided to use the names of Anne Shirley and her family.  She had six kids and I only have four, so two names (Nan and Di) are not used.  Therefore, I am Anne and my husband is Gilbert (I will probably use Gil a lot).  My oldest son is Walter, her second son's name.  I chose Walter because his character is is more like my first son and her oldest son, Jem (nickname for James), is more like my second son. So, my second son is Jem.  My daughter is Rilla (short for Marilla).  Rilla is Anne's youngest daughter.  I chose her because Anne's other two daughters were twins and being the youngest she was a little spoiled.  My daughter is the only girl so she tends to get a little spoiled as well.  My youngest son is Shirley, Anne's youngest son as well.  

  Walter is six years old and in the first grade.  He loves Nintendo and computer games.  He loves school and excels in most subjects, especially math.  He is a great big brother.  He is very thoughtful and helpful.  He writes us notes all the time telling us he loves us.
Jem turned four years old today.  He is very excited to only have one more birthday before he can go to school.  He loves his siblings.  He is very energetic and loves hugging and wrestling with all of us.  His favorite things right now are dinosaurs, especially mean ones.  He loves The Land Before time movies.  He is a very imaginative boy and loves imaginative play.
Rilla is 15 months old.  She just began to walk two weeks ago.  She gets around really well and is already trying to run.  She is a Daddy's girl.  If Gilbert sits down, she lays claim to his lap. It doesn't matter what he is doing, if she wants to sit on his lap or be held by him, she expects it. She loves hugging him.  It is very cute. I love having a girl.  As much as Gil likes to deny that she likes girl toys better than boys toys, it is true.  I look forward to buying her all those girl toys in the future, too.
Shirley turned 2 months old yesterday.  There isn't much to write about him except that he is such a great baby.  He sleeps a lot and just started to smile.  He is 12 lbs 12 oz already.  He is a very healthy and happy baby.  I look forward to getting to know him and his personality better as he gets older.
We are a military family.  We love the military and have enjoyed all the places the military has taken us.  We are blessed to have wonderful extended families.  Our children have lots of Grandmas and Grandpas to spoil them.  I feel very blessed to have my four wonderful children.  I love being a mom.  Well, I could go on, but it is midnight and I need to get to sleep.   

No comments: