The Osman Family

February 2012

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Our New Addition!

James (not his real name) joined our family on Friday, November 4th, at 4:13 PM. He weighed 8 ounds 11 ounces and was 21 1/2 inches long. I had him 10 days early, just like my last one. The labor went smoothly until the end. I had enough time to get an epidural, which I was so happy about. But his vitals dropped shortly after and I had a doctor, two midwives, and 5 nurses rush in and deliver him as quickly as possible (even though I was still only 8 cm dialated). They ended up using a vacuum and did an episiotomy to get him out quicker. It turns out the unbilical cord was wrapped around his neck so when he stated descending into the birth canal his vitals quickly dropped. I am grateful for their quick efforts. I am happy he is healthy and strong. He is doing so well. He is nursing well and such a delight to have. His siblings adore him. He is quite a bit bigger than we expected. The rest weighed between 7 pounds 2 ounces and 8 pounds 3 ounces. We came home from the hospital today and I am happy to be home.







1 comment:

Amy said...

aww congrats! He's adorable. Hope you're doing well. Call me if you need anything!